A puzzle game about being a monster and making snowmen.
It's just before Christmas and two game developers are hunched behind laptops in a nearly-empty café in Coventry. Neither is really committing to doing any work; hey, it's just before Christmas! Besides, they've both just come to the end of long projects and need to wind down. One looks up. So does the other. There's talk of making a festive game; a short, burst of productivity before the seasonal languor. Now, over a year on, we're finally releasing that "quick" Christmas game.
Release announcement trailer YouTube
"Pay what the temperature is" trailer YouTube
Gameplay trailer YouTube
Teaser trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Character Design" Intel Level Up, 2014
- "Official Selection" Develop Indie Showcase, 2014
- "Official Selection" Screenshake Showcase, 2015
- "Official Selection" BAFTA Inside Games Arcade, 2015
- "Official Selection" Different Games, 2015
- "Official Selection" Fantastic Arcade, 2015
- "I have never wanted to hug a videogame so badly in my life"
- Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "A Good Snowman stands out for its nuances as much as its puzzle design"
- Chris Priestman, PocketGamer
- "A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build, so says Alan Hazelden and Benjamin Davis"
- Tim W., IndieGames
Alan Hazelden & Benjamin Davis allows for the contents of A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build is legally & explicitly allowed by Alan Hazelden & Benjamin Davis. This permission can be found in writing at http://agoodsnowman.com/press/index.php.
A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build Credits
Music & Sound Design